It’s time to register for CCD, First Communion, and Confirmation classes!
You may register either of these ways:
- Stop by the Christian Formation Office to register.
- Pick up a registration at the Church doors or online, fill out, and return.
We are looking forward to joining with you in the faith formation of your child.
- First Communion students must provide a copy of their Baptism Certificate.
- Confirmation students must provide a copy of their Baptism and First Communion Certificates.
More information concerning parent meetings will follow in the weeks to come.
Kitty Metz - Christian Formation Director and Baptisms - (337) 465-2164.
Slide #1: Students spend each day in Adoration.
Slide #2: Gathered in the Chapel, Fr. Blanda leads the Divine Office.
Slide #3: Msgr. Chemino reminds them that their hearts are made for God.
Slide #4: Fr. Albert leads the Stations of the Cross.
Slide #5: Each morning the students are awakened by the sound of a trumpet.
There are now items for children on FORMED!
Check it out.
Parish Code: ZBR3Y7
Call Kitty Metz at 456-2164 if you need help getting started.
Greetings in the name of our Lord,
We are excited to announce that St. Peter's Church has become a partner in a dynamic faith 24/7 online web-based digital formation series called FORMED by the Augustine Institute.
This series is designed to help adults grow in their faith at all levels - how we think, how we pray, and how we live. Better yet, access is FREE to all St. Peter's parishioners and their families anywhere, anytime on computers, tablets or phones. So even through a busy schedule you can still find time to learn and grow in your faith.
Have you wanted to be able to share more with others but felt you were lacking in knowledge? Through this series you will be able to not only learn more about the Catholic faith but also go deeper, and refresh and strengthen your own relationship with God. You will learn through beautiful videos, music and notable Catholic speakers and educators as well as be able to read further on the topics through additional links provided.
FORMED is a game changer, a real immersion of faith! To access FORMED you will find instructions below. You are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this excellent resource and learn more about our faith so that we not only live it out more deeply, but also share it with others.
St. Peter's subscription includes the following for FREE:
- YDisciple: (An Entire 4-year Full Small Group Youth Program)
- Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explained (RCIA and Faith Formation For Entire Parish)
- Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage (Marriage Prep/Marriage Enrichment)
- Lectio: Peter - Cornerstone of Catholicism -Bible Study Featuring Dr. Tim Gray
- Lectio: Eucharist - Featuring Dr. Brant Pitre
- Catholicism Series - Featuring Bishop Robert Barron
- 33 Days to Morning Glory Consecration Retreat - Featuring Fr. Michael Gaitley
- Unlimited Downloads of accompanying study materials (leader & participant guides)
- Footprints of God Nine-part video by Steve Ray
- Lighthouse Catholic Media Audio Presentations
- Ignatius Press E-books and Ignatius Movies
We transform the world for Christ and His Church by first transforming and educating ourselves. May you find the light, movement, and calling of the Holy Spirit as you grow more fully in faith.
Christian Formation Director
How to Register
- Go to formed.org in the homepage
- Sign up by entering the parish code under:
- "Does your parish already have FORMED?"
- CODE: ZBR3Y7 (Case sensitive)
- Create a personal account with your email and password
- Start enjoying the best Catholic content all in one place!
In the future, you can log in by going directly to formed.org
It's very simple to use. It will be worth your time to check this out!
Christian Formation Director
St. Peter's Church
Day of Retreat
A "Day of Retreat" was held on the Friday after Thanksgiving for those who work with the Confirmation and First Communion classes. Fr. Michael Champagne led the retreat, which focused on the Holy Spirit. The Retreatants were reminded that Jesus describes the Holy Spirit as our Teacher, who guides and testifies on His behalf.